Have you ever wondered what lasers are used for in the world of dentistry? Although they may not be pictured as utensils of precision, the truth is that lasers are some of the most precise and accurate tools that can be used in healthcare today. Listed below are a few common laser dentistry treatment suggestions:
– Teeth whitening treatments can implement lasers to activate gels placed in your mouth to eliminate deep stains and discolorations.
– When root canal treatments are needed, lasers can be used to reshape the gums and clear away any contamination around the area before the treatment is applied.
– Lasers can be useful for minor oral health care treatments including the removal of canker sores and lesions.
– Laser dentistry is exceedingly effective for cavities and tooth decay and can be used to prepare teeth for dental fillings.
– When looking for oral cancers, lasers can be used to remove a small amount of gum tissue for cancer biopsies to be done.
No matter the needs you require from your oral health care, our team at Love Family Dentistry can help. Dr. Peggy Lovecchio and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine if lasers can be used to improve your smile. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in Roanoke, Virginia, call us at 540-904-2300 . Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a laser dentistry today!